June 15, 2012

First Mod coming up!


After my first time out on the water I found that very little wind or current can push you around a good bit in your kayak. I was really surprised how much you are affected by these elements while in your kayak. 
But to be completely honest I discovered this “problem” when I rented at kayak on one of my trips to the Palmetto state...... 




I was used to my boat and having a foot controlled trolling motor to fight current or wind to position the boat and myself exactly how I wanted to be. And since I’m being honest, I probably scared more fish away with that trolling motor than I helped myself by using it.


After all my reading, and of course my own opinion, I’ve decided the best first mod for my kayak is to add an anchor trolley! I’ve been doing plenty of reading, checking out how others have done theirs, and now I’m ready to do my own. 

I’ve decided to NOT purchase a premade kit and to instead make a custom anchor trolley system myself. You can find kits like this one to the left HERE for a little over $30 plus shipping. But for me, I like to do things my own way and I enjoy customizing things so I'll be doing things myself this time. Don't worry, I'll share exactly what I do and what I use so if you too decide to blaze your own trail you can copy what you like from me if you choose.



So check back in later and I should have instructions how I do mine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment